Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No pictures, no photography. Only passion.

I dare anyone here to show me a more perfect example of a car. A Veyron does not compare. A Ferrari Enzo, not close. Not even a Koenigsegg will ever compare to this machine. The McLaren is the one car that I would sell my soul to have.

It took a little over a decade for another car to have a higher top speed. That car was the Bugatti Veyron. The Bug, as I will call it, needed over a thousand horsepower, all wheel drive, 16 cylinders, and four turbos to beat the F1. The McLaren on the other hand had no turbos, 12 cylinders, and only 627 horsepower driving the rear wheels. It also had no power steering, or power brakes, or any sort of pansy ass driver aids. Pretty much all supercars since the F1 have been "controlled" with active yaw control, traction control, etc.

Anyway, this IS the greatest car ever made. To further my point, here is a nice video. Please note the down shifts @ 3:20.... That honestly makes me have goose-bumps.

1 comment:

  1. I see your point Tim. The McLaren is always going to be awesome. It set the bar for all supercars to follow. There was never a car like it until it was created. And I must also add a car that does not even compare, and that is the piece of shit Zonda. I have grown to hate that car. I think the name is stupid, the badge looks like it belongs on a kids toy, and the car is just ridiculous looking. It does look badass in bare carbon fiber though, but what doesn't. Even a piece of shit Camaro would probably look good in bare carbon fiber.

    ReplyDelete