Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tonight I went to a couple of cemeteries, and wow... That is a different thing to do. It is not that going is scary, it is just so quiet. The silence at Springdale was just creepy. No birds, no crickets, no nothing. Anyway, it did make for a good time, and some good pictures.



The next couple of shots were using two off-camera slave flashes triggered by my on-camera flash using both flash curtains. The slave flashes were to the left, and one was bounced of an adjacent tombstone.



I don't know why I like this one so much, but I do. The composition is shit, but I like the lines of the horizon in contrast to the lines of the statue base. Other than that, I just like it.


The next two I shot pretty much for my father. He is a Mason, so I thought that he might like these. The spine of the book lines up with the center of the square on the seat. There must be a conspiracy here...


1 comment:

  1. Those are very cool man! The Masonic stuff is cool and intriguing. I like the shot of the statue on the hill with the sloping horizon line. I think the lighting is very cool. Is it a long exposure or was it taken early in the evening? I think the sky makes the shot.

    ReplyDelete