Saturday, October 13, 2012

My "New" Camera Project

I have decided to get this old Kodak cleaned up, and converted to use 120 film. The camera uses A130 film, that sadly, is no longer made. From what I have read, there are a few people that will rewind 130 rolls, but at $10+ dollars, plus shipping per roll... I will see if I can make this use the 120, that is still around.

The camera was made by the Kodak company made the 2C Autographic (what this is) from 1916 - 1927. I have an early model that was made between 1916 and 1918. I wont be doing much restoration on this camera, as the lens is still in good shape, and while the outside of the bellows are cracking, the insides are good, with no light bleed. Also, I need to find out how to "restore & preserve" the leather covering... It is covered in fine grain seal leather. I am assuming that it is like any other leather, but... I dunno.





A neat feature of the camera: The film window & stylus. This was used to write whatever on the film, as you took a photo. You could consider it the first time/date stamp on a camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment