Thursday, July 25, 2013

Odds & Ends

To finish up with my photo-journey to the Air Force museum, here are the rest of the pictures that I deem acceptable to post. All in all, I took over 300 photos, and had one helluva great time. I am sure that I will go back at some point to see my Jesus (SR-71) but alas, it will be another time and another post.

Next on the "To Do" list, is to see the next black-bird that is close to Illinois. Anyway, here is the final blog posting of my trip:



ME-262 (Germany's Jet Fighter of WW2 [the one that started it all])



The ME-163 "Comet" from the Germans, late in the war:


The "Fritz X" or X1 guided bomb of WW2 (Germany)


The venerable JB-2 Loon (V1 Buzz bomb).


The V2 Rocket. This is the basis for America's space program. The Nazi that designed this, designed our rockets.


A WW2 German surveillance camera:







Lockheed F80-C




The Apollo 15 Command module (Successful moon landing mission).



Gemini EVA unit:


Another great plane, and my second favorite: The U2 spy plane. This, like the SR-71, was made by Lockheed's "Skunk Works" and was a huge reason we have "Area 51."



Inside the landing gear bay of a C-17 Globe Master... I am not sure if I was really allowed in here, but tough shit.


The C-17 that is on display here (and pictured) is the protoype C-17. It was also used in "Transformers" and "Iron Man."




No comments:

Post a Comment