Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The SR-71 Blackbird

Since I was being laid off for a couple of weeks, I figured I should do something with my time off. I chose to go to Ohio, to the United States Air Force museum, at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

The entire reason that I came here, was the Blackbird. While there are other planes here that are fascinating to me, none hold the allure of the SR-71. I have dreamed of the damned plane since I was a child. It was the second model that I ever built (first being an A-10 Warthog that my dad helped me with). This plane has been an idol to me. I imagine this is what Catholics feel when they go to the vatican. Yes, I hold this plane in that high of regard.

Anyway, enough writing (I could go on for hours), and onto the pictures:















Yes, I am childish and had to break the rules and touch the plane.










No comments:

Post a Comment